Hi! I’m Bethany Rylaarsdam, a work-at-home seamstress, wife of Daryl, and mom of two awesome boys, Caden (7) and Tyson (3). My husband and I enjoy farming our little corner of Southwest Minnesota. In addition to sewing and crafting, I also love raising free-range chickens, gardening, camping and reading.
I started sewing at a very young age when I took sewing in 4-H. I loved to make garments for myself and even made my own prom dresses. I began doing alterations on the side at a bridal shop during my college years. I continued to do alterations and custom dressmaking part-time after graduation, including making the bridesmaids dresses and alterations for my own wedding. Word-of-mouth spread and I began picking up more and more sewing work. When I had my first child, I dreamed of becoming a work-at-home mom, but the timing wasn’t right yet. Then in 2015, my husband and I found our forever-home, my sewing work tripled, and we felt it was time to pursue my dream of starting my alterations business.
My clients are extremely important to me. I feel so honored that they trust me with their garments, and I strive to give each one the personal attention and respect they deserve in preparing for their special day.
I promise to:
- Always be positive when discussing the fit of your garment, and never hurt your body image. It is my job to fit the garment to your unique body.
- Listen carefully to each concern, offer suggestions, and mutually agree on the best way to get your perfect fit.
- Strive to get your garment done promptly and be mindful of deadlines.
- Be flexible with appointments to work within your schedule.
- Offer quality work at competitive prices.